How Pet Friendly is San Francisco?
Everyone is always welcome, that’s the San Francisco vibe. And, that vibe extends to four-legged furry family members and friends, too. To tell you the truth, a recent study of the U.S.’s most pet-friendly cities ranked San Francisco as number one. So, yes, San Francisco is very pet friendly, and there are many pet friendly hotels to choose from.
We will mention just a few in this article and add to it over time.
The Ritz-Carleton San Francisco is Pet Friendly
The Ritz-Carleton is a luxury option in San Francisco.
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco captures the timeless elegance of the Bay Area’s most iconic city. You’ll find it atop Nob Hill in a landmark building that dates back to 1909. This urban oasis provides resort-like amenities to retreat to after exploring the city.
Hotel amenities include:
- 336 luxury suites and guest rooms with downtown or bay views
- Club Lounge with San Francisco-inspired cuisine and exclusive experiences
- Classic American breakfasts with healthy options at Parallel 37
- Coastal California cuisine and craft cocktails in The Lounge
- Wine tastings at The JCB Tasting Lounge
- The Bay Area’s only Krigler perfume shop
- Extensive fitness center
- Interior park-like Courtyard
- 24,000 square feet of meeting space including a 9,300-square-foot ballroom
Ritz-Carleton San Francisco Pet Policy
- There is a 35 lb. weight limit for dogs. Two dogs maximum per room.
- All dogs must be leashed when riding hotel elevators and be carried by their owners through the lobby of the hotel
- All public areas, including hotel restaurants are reserved for owners only, with the exception of service dogs
- A $200 non-refundable pet fee will be applied to each guest folio per stay
Cavallo Point Lodge – Golden Gate Pet Friendly Hotel
- Located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge
- A short distance from downtown San Francisco
- Inspired by its stunning natural setting in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Offering understated and green luxury, exceptional onsite activities and events, outstanding service that’s authentic and friendly
- Easy access to the best experiences of the San Francisco Bay Area
The Lodge at the Golden Gate
601 Murray Circle
Sausalito, CA 94965
Cavallo Point Hotel San Francisco Pet Policy
Cavallo Point loves furry family members. In an effort to ensure the peace and tranquility of all guests, they ask for your assistance with the following:
- When booking, please select the Eco Luxe Pups package add-on ($150 per room per stay), and indicate in the “Additional Details” section if you are bringing one or two dogs
- Maximum of two friendly dogs per room. The $150 fee is required and non-refundable. If there is any damage to the room due to your pet, an additional charge will be applied for the cost of repairs
- Dogs must be leashed at all times while on property, including the Parade Ground lawn area in front of the lodge. Please don’t tie your pet to trees and other objects on property
- Please do not leave pets unattended in guest rooms out of respect for other guests around you. For housekeeping to enter your room, owners must be present or the pet removed from the room.
- Dogs are restricted from entering the Healing Arts Center & Spa as well as Farley Bar and Murray Circle restaurant, with the exception of the terrace in front of the restaurant and bar.
- The owner hereby represents to Cavallo Point that their pet is not inclined to bite, and that in the event that their dog bites causing injury while on Lodge premises, the owner hereby agrees to fully hold harmless and indemnify Cavallo Point from any liability, which Cavallo Point may incur, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees, relating to such dog bite.
For more information, please call our Reservations Desk at 1.888.651.2003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyatt Centric Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco
- Pet-friendly extra charge
- Dogs allowed
Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco
This San Francisco landmark is timeless icon. Original architecture and authentic elements pair with classically inspired, modern décor.
Palace Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco
2 New Montgomery Street, San Francisco, California, USA, 94105Tel: +1 415-512-1111
Palace Hotel San Francisco Pet Policy
1 pet 40 pounds max per room with USD 150 non-refundable fee per room per stay
Non-refundable pet fee Per Stay: $150
Maximum pet weight: 40lbs
Guest Room Accessibility
- Accessible Vanities
- Adjustable Height Hand-Held Shower Wand
- Alarm Clock Telephone Ringers
- Bathtub Grab Rails
- Close Caption TV
- Flashing Door Knockers
- Guests in mobility-accessible rooms may inquire about lowering the bed height.
- Hearing Accessible Rooms and/or Kits
- Lever Handles on Guest Room Doors
- Lowered Deadbolts on Guest Room Doors
- Lowered Electrical Outlets
- Lowered Viewports in Guest Room Doors
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Non-slip Grab Rails in the Bathroom
- Roll-in Shower
- TTY/TTD Compatible
- Toilet Seat at Wheelchair Height – Toilet for Disabled
- Transfer Showers in Guest Rooms
San Francisco Argonaut Hotel at Fisherman’s Wharf
Housed within Fisherman’s Wharf historic Haslett Warehouse building, the Argonaut Hotel merits a term like iconic both for its past and its present. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award for 18 consecutive years, the Argonaut boasts a location just as noteworthy. Guests wake to views of the San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge before venturing mere steps to next door Ghirardelli Square & Hyde Street Pier.Argonaut Hotel
495 Jefferson Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
Take your four-legged best friend on vacation with you! Our location in Fisherman’s Wharf is near plenty of dog parks and pooch-friendly activities.Argonaut Pet Friendly
Argonaut San Francisco Pet Policy
We admit it, we wear our puppy love on our sleeves and we know how hard it can be to leave your furry sidekick behind. That’s why the Argonaut Hotel has adopted a pet-friendly policy that welcomes your pet with no size restrictions.
You’ll also find San Francisco just as pet-friendly as we are, with trails and walks in nearby parks and recreational areas including the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park and nearby Fort Mason.
We charge a pet fee of $75.00 per pet, per stay. An additional $100 cleaning fee will be applied for stays of 7-30 days.Argonaut Pet Policy
Argonaut San Francisco Pet Registration
Your pets are a part of your family, and we want to treat them right. As with our guests, we like to know who’s staying with us so we can have everything ready for your arrival. Register your pet here so we’re ready for their visit, too.
Hotel Zeppelin San Francisco
545 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102, United States
Phone: +1 415 563 0303
Hotel Zeppelin San Francisco is another option for a pet friendly hotel.
Hotel Zeppelin rebelliously celebrates San Francisco’s bold, bohemian past. Vibe with the city’s progressive mindset. The hotel turns it into a living story that leaves you feeling reconnected and open to adventure. Count on a mind-altering experience and stylish delivery, inspired by the city’s famed rule-breaking poets, authors, and musicians. As our guest, you are welcome to break the mold, too. Come and be transformed.Hotel Zeppelin
- Excellent location a few minute’s walk from Union Square
- Funky guest rooms, psychedelic bathrooms, retro furnishings
- Nespresso machines, free bottled water, and mini-fridges
- Trendy Rambler bistro/bar serving craft cocktails and local cuisine
- Cozy lobby bar with gothic fireplace, serving drinks and coffee
- Lively game room with lounge space, foosball, pool, and skeeball
- Small gym with modern cardio and weight-lifting equipment
- Concierge and room service on hand
- Free bike rentals (limited number available)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
Pets are welcome – subject to a one-time $75 deep cleaning fee per reservation. There is no weight limit.
Please advise the hotel that you are bringing a pet prior to arrival. When the pet is a service animal, please notify when making a reservation, and the fee will be waived, and proof of documentation is not required.
- Custom Viceroy Urban Retreats dog bed, food and water bowls
- “Pet in My Room” door hanger to alert hotel guests & staff
- Courtesy bags for walking your dog
- Wag! on-demand mobile dog walking and dog care service*
- San Francisco Pet Guide: a curated list of nearby pet-friendly restaurants, parks, spas, and boutiques
Are dogs allowed on Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco?
San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf is a world famous tourist attraction. It is a thriving and vibrant local neighborhood and also a commercial area. It features world-class dining, shopping, hotels and endless entertainment. The Wharf is truly the place to start your San Francisco adventure, and it’s a dog-friendly place as long as your furbaby doesn’t mind crowds.
More to come…