I don’t know what’s better, the simple life, or the complicated life. Nowadays there are so many options for dog food & treats; it could give a person a headache!
I remember back in the day when there was just one option… ‘dog food,’ and no one really wondered what was in it or what it was made of. But, so much research has gone into healthy dogs and healthy dog foods, and we’re lucky we have so many options to choose from now.
Let’s go through some of the very best dog food & treats that are available today. As you will see, there are many options, and some specific options for specific kinds of dogs. Let’s jump right into it!
Some of the Best Dog Food Available Today
Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach – For Sensitive Fur Babies
We all know someone who is a little sensitive. And that’s perfectly fine.
If your furry friend is one of the beautiful sensitive beings of the earth, he or she will really love and appreciate this sensitive option from Purina.
Some dogs suffer from sensitive skin and terrible reactions, such as turning red, itching and even losing hair. This could be due to anything, really.
Personally I’m allergic to so many things, including dust, perfume, cigarette smoke, and grass. How totally obnoxious! I know how much this can take away from one’s enjoyment of life.
Some common irritants for our canine friends can include grass, carpet, new shampoo, and flea treatments, just to name a few.
This food can really make a difference for these sensitive souls.
Your fur babies’ coat can recover and transform into something truly beautiful. And life is just better with no digestive issues, obviously.
Special Nutrition Options for Dogs with Sensitive Systems
- This is made with real salmon or lamb as the first ingredient
- It’s fortified with live probiotics for digestive and immune health
- Several options are available in specialized formulas for adults, small breeds, large breeds, and puppies
- There are options without chicken or egg
- It’s made with oatmeal, which is easily digestible and gentle on the digestive system
- It includes natural prebiotic fiber, this nourishes specific intestinal bacteria for digestive health
- Sunflower oil is part of the ingredients, it’s rich in omega-6 fatty acid, which translates into healthy skin and coat
- It’s made without corn, wheat or soy
- No artificial colors or flavors
- No poultry by-product meal
Cesar Gourmet Wet Dog Food Variety Packs
These are great for all dogs, but especially excellent for smaller breeds.
- They’re made in the US with chicken or USA beef as the #1 ingredient
- Complete and balanced and fortified with vitamins and minerals
- Makes a great meal on its own or as a dog food topper mixed with dry food
- Served in convenient trays with easy, peel-away freshness seals
Iams Proactive Health Minichunks Dry Dog Food, Chicken
- The first ingredient is real, farm-raised chicken
- Smaller, kibble size
- Promotes healthy digestion with a tailored blend of wholesome fibers and prebiotics
- Builds strong muscles with quality protein sourced from real chicken
- Supports a strong immune system with antioxidants
Purina ONE SmartBlend Natural Adult Dry Dog Food
- What we love with this Purina product is that real beef is the #1 ingredient – no fake food or weird fillers
- The antioxidant blend helps to support the immune system and keep it strong
- It provides a natural source of glucosamine, which helps with joint health
- Omega-6 fatty acids help to promote a healthy and vibrant skin and coat
Let’s Talk About Some Dog Treats Now
Everyone deserves a treat every now and then, especially our furry friends who help us go through life and add a splash of joy to every single day.
Treats have come a long way, too, over the years. There are now some absolutely fantastic options available to drive your canine crazy (and, of course, to help us humans when we need dog treats for various reasons 😉 )
Zuke’s Mini Naturals Training Dog Treats and Hemp Naturals Calming Dog Chews
- Dogs and puppies of all kinds absolutely love these treats, and they’re perfect if you’re doing any kind of dog training
- Many different flavours available, including pumpkin, turkey & cranberry, chicken, peanut butter, beef, duck, peanut butter & oats, pork, rabbit, and salmon
- A+ training treat
- No corn, wheat or soy
- Crafted in the USA using the the world’s finest ingredients. Can’t go wrong here
Pedigree DENTASTIX Treats
Milk-Bone MaroSnacks Dog Treats with Real Bone Marrow and Calcium
- These are one of the most popular treats out there
- Great for furry friends of all sizes
- Wholesome, delicious treats
- These dog treats are made with real bone marrow and two layers of meaty crunch
- They’re rich in calcium to help maintain strong teeth and bones
- Nothing to feel bad about here – give your dog treats with confidence
Greenies Original Natural Dental Dog Treats
- Available in Teenie for 5-15 lb dogs, and Regular for 25-50 lb dogs
- The unique texture of these treats has a special feature: it cleans right down to the gumline. This helps of course to fight plaque, tartar and to freshen breath
- Accepted by the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC) for at-home oral care
- These are made with natural ingredients plus vitamins, minerals, & nutrients
There are so many beautiful options these days for dog food & treats. Hopefully this has helped you try and figure out which one might be right for you and your fur baby.